Airush-Starboard warranty’s any of our products to be free of major manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship to the ORIGINAL purchaser for a period of 1 year for hydrofoils and hydrofoil boards.
Please fill in the warranty form on the Airush-Starboard Custom website and return the product as per guidelines to start the warranty process.
The warranty is valid ONLY when the warranty item has been purchased from Airush-Starboard Custom website, or Airush-Starboard directly.
Any Airush-Starboard product purchased on E-Bay or similar auction websites is NOT covered under warranty as well as products bought 2nd hand.
The warranty is valid only when the product is used under normal activities.
The warranty is valid only when the proper Airush-Starboard warranty procedure and protocol has been followed as defined herein.
Airush-Starboard will make the warranty determination only after inspection and/or analysis of photos of the product clearly showing the defect.
If a product is deemed to be defective by Airush-Starboard, the warranty covers the repair or replacement of the defective product only. Airush-Starboard is not responsible for any cost, losses, or damages incurred as a result of loss of use of the product.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect of normal wear and tear including but not limited to, damage due to excessive sun or wind, damage caused by improper handling and storage, damages caused by crashing in waves or shore break and damage caused by anything other than defects in materials and workmanship.
The warranty is void if any unauthorized repair, change or modification, has been made to any part of the equipment.
The warranty for any repair or replacement equipment is good from only the date of the original purchase.
The original purchase receipt must accompany all warranty claims.
There are no warranties that extend beyond what has been specified here.
Airush-Starboard Warranty Protocol
- Airush-Starboard are not responsible for freight charges for any replacement items.
- Airush-Starboard do not provide warrantee for any IKA/WS or other governing bodies decision’s regards eligibility to use the equipment in Formula Kite class events.
Boards and foils – What is covered
- Structural cracks on fiberglass/carbon fiber top sheet, base, sidewall and inserts.
- Lamination failure of top sheet, base, sidewall, or edge.
- Stripped or spinning inserts.
Note: Inserts that are stripped due to improper mounting are repairable, but are not considered a material flaw.
Boards and foils – What is not covered
- Damage due to jumping.
- Damage or defects caused by impact with any materials or objects (incl. ramps and sliders).
- Damage or defects caused by collisions, abuse, misuse or accidental damage.
- Breakage or defects as a result of prior damages.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, or out of water handling.
- Damage or defects caused by heel dents.
- Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage or handling (eg. Wet board bag).
- Damage or defects caused by exposure to temperatures over 70ᵒC and under 0ᵒC.
- Damage or defects caused by natural events such as floods, earthquakes, fire, etc.
- Damage or defects caused by repairs.
- Damage or defects caused by usage of the equipment after a claim is reported.
- Damage or defects caused by improper mounting or adjustment of footstraps.
- Damage or defects caused by impact with the sea floor.
- Damage caused by riders over the Olympic guideline competitor weight of 85kg.